Monday, April 9, 2007

Could be worse

I doubt there is anything so wonderful as a truly crappy blog. I'm not talking boring or self-absorbed in the standard way. I'm talking about a blog that reflects honestly a truly crappy life. What could be more heartening than knowing for a fact that someone is out there trying, time and time again, to make designs in their coffee froth? To know for certain that this man is not alone, but part of a community of coffee-froth-designers who come up with pseudo-poetical names for different froth designs? Ah, bliss. Others are indeed more pathetic than I.

We have established an outpost in the Quirk, back in my old Ridgecrest neighborhood. As an adult I am discovering that many people have no idea where this neighborhood is, which sort of dents my pride. Did I not in fact grow up in the center of the universe?

"Yes, I am Heliogabulus, of the Ridgecrest Heliogabuli."

I pause, allowing my social superiority to sink in.

"Whichcrest?"

I pause again, planning an explanation that will be comprehensible to this barbaric cretin.

"Ridgecrest. It runs roughly from old Lovelace over to Carlisle?"

"Whojimacrest? Falcon Crest? Toothpaste? A haircut? Smagigoo?"

And so it goes.

2 comments:

Vincero said...

Post more often and stop whining about how you never get "time to yourself." You are such a baby.

Vincero said...

Hahahaha I just posted that comment as you. Hahahahahaha.

Sincerely,

The Bitch Wife.